We are currently on school holidays after finishing Term Three on 18th September. We packed a fair bit into our ten week term. In addition to learning about procedures (more here), reports, finding the main idea and supporting details of a text, comparing texts, skimming, scanning, summarising, fractions, decimals, location, data and natural disasters we also had some special events, including:
– A First Aid course
– A Hoop Time Basketball tournament
– Working with Miss Newton and Mr Sinclair (our pre service teachers)
– An Athletics Day (sorry, no photos – we forgot to take the camera!)
– Winning a T-Ball grand final
– eSmart Week and a cyber safety workshop with Susan McLean
– Developed growth mindsets and completed a ‘Seven Day Growth Mindset Challenge’.
– Dressed up as a favourite character from a favourite book to celebrate Book Week.
– Continued our #globalpal Twitter project with Mrs Monaghan in England, Mrs Yollis in America and Ms Shannon in Darwin.
– Went to Allambee Camp
– Some of us also went to Tasmania to visit Mrs Smith and our friends in 5/6CS. We also learnt about Australia’s convict history. Click HERE to read Mrs Smith’s blog post about our visit.
– Said ‘Goodbye’ to Mrs Laffan (our principal) with a special Mrs Laffan dress up day, flash mob dance and assembly.
No wonder we were all very tired at the end of term – we were busy little bees!
Our last term for the school year begins on Monday 5th October. It is sure to be another busy and exciting term. Check out the ‘Curriculum’ tab in the ‘Parents’ section at the top of the screen to see what we will be learning about. There will also be ‘Where’s William?’ Day on Friday 10th October, a Genius Hour Day, Grade 6 Graduation, Christmas Carols and Awards Night, a Christmas Skype with Mrs Monaghan and some High School Days. We will also be welcoming Mrs Egan, our new principal for Term Four.
What did you enjoy most in Term Three? Why?
What are you looking forward to doing in Term Four? Why?