Year 7s for a Day!

5

Posted by Miss Crowther | Posted in Special Event | Posted on June 21, 2015

Last week we headed off to Wallan Secondary College for a ‘Taster Day’. The day was so named because it was designed to give us all a ‘taste’ of Secondary School life as we pretended to be Year 7s for a day.

After meetingΒ some real Year 7s, we had a quick tour of the school before our first lesson which was followed by lunch and another lesson. Throughout the day we participated in Indonesian and food technology or music and woodwork.

Taster 2

Photo courtesy of Mrs Gurney, WSC

Taster 3

Photo courtesy of Mrs Gurney, WSC

Taster 1

We enjoyed meeting different teachers, trying new subjects and catching up with our 2014 Grade 6 friends who are now in Year 7.

At the very end of the day we were lucky enough to have a Question and Answer session with a group of Year 7 students.

Thank you to Ms Lasslett, Mrs Gurney and Mr Ellis for inviting us and organising a great day of learning and fun.

What did you like most about the Taster Day?

If you already go (or have already been) to Secondary School, what are/were your favourite subjects? Why?

Hello Class,
Both of us really enjoyed the Wallan Secondary College Taster Day. It was nice seeing our other classmates from previous years.

Xavier: My favourite subject I did out of food tech and Indonesian was food tech. I liked food tech the most because you got to cook and make food that you could take home and eat. Also we got to use the oven and the stove.

Bailey: The two subjects that I did were wood tech and music. My favourite subject out of the two I did would be wood tech. I liked it because we got to make a key ring and take it home.

We both think it was great that we got invited and we thank all the people who organised the day.

Happy Blogging πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

From Xavier and Bailey πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

Hello 5/6 Team,

It was fun going to Wallan Secondary College because food technology was awesome as we got to make cookies.

We also liked woodwork because we made key rings with our names carved in them and we had to sand the edges and then hammer in letters of our names.

Thanks for the invite WSC!

Bye,
Caleb and Cam

Hi guys,

George: I think it was fun and I like how we did the music and woodwork.

Cooper: I learnt to count to one hundred in Indonesian. It was really really hard.

Brian: I think that woodwork was really good. It was good because we got to make something and keep it.

We all think that we should do more than two classes. If we were to do another Taster day we should do about four classes.

From George, Cooper and Brian

Looks like a great day. Secondary school is certainly something to be excited about. Glad you had a good day.

We shouldn’t have home work otherwise we cant play on the weekend.
love from Emily B.