Last Weeks of Term

2

Posted by Miss Crowther | Posted in Classroom, Holidays, School Event, Special Event | Posted on December 19, 2014

This was our last week of Term Four and our last week for the 2014 school year. We finished the year with a bang with a number of exciting events.

Funfields

This year we had a class bank account to help us learn about managing money and economics. Throughout the year we ran events to earn money for our account.

Some of the events we organised were:

* Two market stalls (one at school and one locally). Click HERE, HERE and HERE to read more about our markets.

* ANZAC Day cookies

* A Trivia Night for kids

* Pyjama Day for the whole school

* Kiosk at our school production

* Guess the lollies in the jar competition

* Two raffles (basketball and iTunes voucher)

At the start of the year we set ourselves the goal of earning $1000. We were thrilled to exceed our target and ended up depositing $1365 into our account.  Our money was always going towards an end of year excursion and when we knew we had enough, we voted on where we would like to go. We decided on Funfields. Our money paid for our admission and the bus. It was a great way to celebrate the end of the year with our friends and family.

Toboggan Ride

Toboggan Ride

More toboggan fun

More toboggan fun

Anyone for golf?

Anyone for golf?

A quick game of golf

A quick game of golf

The Pirate Ship

The Pirate Ship

Dodgem Cars

Dodgem Cars

Two of the three water slides

Two of the three water slides

Graduation

Earlier this week, we held our Grade Six Graduation. It was a very enjoyable night. Our Grade Sixes presented their families with a ‘Memory Book’ filled with photos, work and written reflections of each year spent at primary school. Upper Plenty presented our Grade Sixes with a framed certificate, graduation gift and a yearbook.

The Graduating Class of 2014

The Graduating Class of 2014

You can see some of the clips we presented on the evening below.

We wish our Grade Six Graduates all the very best as they move to new schools and Year 7.

Class Party & Kris Kringle (K.K)

Our class party and K.K was great fun. At the start of December we each drew a name out of a box. We then had to buy a present for this person and place it under the Christmas tree – without them knowing! On Wednesday we opened our presents and guessed the identity of our K.K.

Waiting to open our KK presents

Waiting to open our KK presents

Thank you K.K!

Thank you K.K!

With our K.K presents

With our K.K presents

Let the party begin!

Let the party begin!

Cubbies made an appearance at the party

Cubbies made an appearance at the party

Party in a cubby!

Party in a cubby!

Christmas Carols & Awards Night

Last night we held our annual Christmas Carols and Awards Night. Each class sang a Christmas song and awards were handed out for academic merit (includes effort, achievement, behaviour), sports achievement, citizenship, art and two special awards in memory of past students.  Congratulations to all our performers and award winners.

Here’s a little Christmas song we sang today especially for all our blogging friends…

We are now on holidays until the end of January. See you all in 2015.

Merry Christmas everyone!

WOW, WOW, WOW! We WERE busy!
It was so sad to leave all my friends from UPPS yesterday. All these amazing opportunities we had were used and now I have finished my primary school years. I enjoyed every single activity we did these last few weeks and I hope others who are in 5/6 Team next year, get the same amazing opportunities I did. I have to say that this year was the best year in my life (so far!!) 🙂
Good luck everyone and I look forward to visiting Upper Plenty Primary School in my spare time! 🙂
Happy Blogging & Merry Christmas! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Chelsea

Hi Chelsea,

Yes, we certainly were busy. It wasn’t until I saw it all written down that I realised exactly HOW busy we had been!

I am so pleased you enjoyed the year. I did too! Time flies when you are having fun and the year did exactly that.

Enjoy high school and I am looking forward to seeing you when you drop in! 🙂

Happy holidays!

Miss Crowther 🙂