Forest Lodge Farm Camp

8

Posted by Miss Crowther | Posted in School Event | Posted on August 15, 2014

On Tuesday we arrived at school with suitcases and sleeping bags instead of school bags – we were off on camp for four days! We spent our week at Forest Lodge Farm, with a quick pit stop at Warrook Cattle Farm.

When we arrived at Forest Lodge we were greeted by Paul who led us into the lounge, turned on the stereo and started dancing. We danced along to a few songs and then had a tour of the farm to see the activities we would be doing over the next few days. We also met some of the local residents, including ‘Spider Pig.’ In the evening we went for a night walk and toasted marshmallows on a camp fire. We practised singing our Alice in Wonderland songs for the school production around the fire.

Day Two soon arrived and it was action packed! Our activities for the day were the giant swing, flying fox, archery and canoeing. In the evening we had a concert with a range of performances. There was a flash mob, magic show, comedy sketches and a couple of dances. Princess Fairy Tinkerbell and Princess Fairy Binkertell were the special guest judges.

On Day Three we split up into three groups so we could take turns ponding, doing some bush cooking and playing frisbee golf. In the afternoon we were in two groups and spent time hut building and doing a low ropes course.  In free time most people played in the hay bales. There were 84 of them arranged in equal rows (much to Mrs Placek and Miss Crowther’s delight) and we worked out that there were seven rows of 12. How did we end up doing maths on camp?! To finish the day we watched the movie ‘Tangled’ after dinner.

All too soon it was the last day of camp. We played a couple of team games and then boarded the bus for home.

We took over 500 photos and movies on camps. Some of the highlights are in the slideshow below.

We would like to thank Bende,  Miss Fenech and our parent helpers Leanne, Robbie and Robyn for all their help on camp. We would also like to thank Abby, Kathryn, Paul and Rhonda from Forest Lodge for helping us to have so much fun.

What was your favourite thing about camp? Why?

What do you like about camps?

Where should we go for our next school camp?

After hearing about how much fun it was on camp, I really wish I was there! I have always wanted to be in a flash mob, and I love the idea of swinging 20metres into the air!
I am curious though, was ‘Spider Pig’ a spider the size of a pig or a pig the size of a spider?! 🙂

I think your camp sounds like it was amazing. I thought it was cute to watch how energetically you all boarded the bus on Tuesday morning and how sluggish you were getting off the bus on Friday afternoon. I hope you all catch up on your sleep over the weekend and look forward to hearing about the camp on. Monday. Thank you to Miss Crowther and Mrs Placek for all of the preparation that went into the camp arrangements. Thanks to Bende and Miss Fenech for giving up their time and also the parent helpers, Leanne, Robbie and Robyn for their contribution. We are very lucky to have so many people wiling to go the extra mile to make sure all students have a wonderful experience.

Hi everyone,
I have to say this camp was the best yet! I liked Pauls sense of humour and the way everyone was respecting each other. It was so much fun being able to go on the giant swing and see others have a go at activities they hadn’t tried before. I would recommend this camp to other students in for adventure and exciting risks.
School camps are a great way to chill out with your classmates and see the fun side of them and your teachers (you always see teachers and student in a stressful mood!)
All up I have to say thank you to forest lodge farm for giving us this amazing opportunity- The 4 hour bus trip was totally worth it!

Happy Blogging! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Chelsea

Hello in Australia,
We have been on summer vacation and we are getting ready to start back to school in a few days. The teacher’s go next week and the students the following week on August 25th.
The students will be envious of your camping time. It looks like so much fun. What do you do in ponding? I’m sure they will ask me. My thought would be walk in the pond or catch some bugs/insects perhaps.

We hope to work with you on some projects after we settle back into our routines.

Mrs. Todd

Hi Mrs Todd,

Camp certainly was good fun. You are spot on with your definition of ponding. We basically splashed around at the edge of the pond/dam looking for bugs and insects. One group found a frog and the owner of the camp said that another school even found a turtle! There are some photos in the slideshow that show us ponding…and playing in mud!

I wonder what project we will work on together once you are back at school. It is always exciting working with other schools and learning about their part of the world.

Enjoy the rest of your summer vacation!

Miss Crowther 🙂

Hello,

The Forest Lodge camp was the highlight of the year! I can’t describe a better experience in my primary school years.

Thanks UPPS!

From Marnie

Hi everyone

My favourite part of camp was the giant swing.
The best part of camps is getting there and unpacking.

From Mitchell

Hi 5/6team,

I didn’t go to camp but my highlight at school was playing with the preps.

What do you like about camps?
The fun we have!

In secondary college I am hoping to go to an adventure or a city camp in Year 7.

I hope some people think the same as me. If you do please reply!

From Aidan